Tomato Soup Pt. 2

Much better this time: Used a real onion (a little less than a
gargantuan red onion) and real garlic! I followed this recipe below

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp butter(or oil)
  • 1 red onion, sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 1 32 oz can of tomatoes (whole reduced salt)
  • A nice handful of chopped baby carrots
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • black pepper to taste
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
  • 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour
  • A cup or two of water
  • An arbitrary amount of basil
I melted some butter in a pot and then added the diced onion and let it cook down for a long time. When that seemed good, I added the garlic and carrots, letting that cook down for a little while. Then I added in the tomatoes, which I blended for a bit first in the blender, along with adding the salt, pepper, and baking soda. I stirred that round and round for around 15-20 minutes, letting it cook down. At around the 15 minute mark, when it's starting to get saucy, I added the water and basil. I let that cook down for a little longer and then poured half of it into the blender, blended it, and added back to the rest, cooking it for some more time and then serving it. Blending only half made it chunky. To make it more soupy (like for my leftovers) I blended all of it a little longer...that made it less saucy, still a bit chunky, and more soupy.

Comments

Popular Posts